6. Computer Use
- Computers are available on the first and second floors and can be accessed with your own library card number. Guests without a library card can show photo ID to obtain a guest pass from staff.
- Everyone can use the computers up to 3 hours each day in however many sessions you choose. Our PC Reservation system keeps track of time used. When you logon, you are guaranteed a full hour on the computers, unless you log off earlier. If use is high and waiting patrons have made reservations, you will not be offered to extend your time further; however, you still have 2 hours left to use that day. Individuals taking tests should speak to staff at the beginning of their session if they feel they will need special accommodation to finish without interruption.
- Our internet speed for WiFi and the internet computers is 100MB up and down.
- The Children's section has 8 computers for children and for adults who are attending to their children in that area.
- The first floor has 3 computers east of the Information Desk. You may use your cell phone at these computers.
- The second floor has 23 computers, one at a stand-up station with a feeder scanner. Cell phones must be set to silent or vibrate on the second floor, and cell phone conversations are prohibited. If you need to use your cell phone while on the computer, please go to one of the three first floor computers.
- A digital creation lab with 6 iMacs is also available on the second floor. Social Media sites are blocked on these computers and they are not intended for web browsing or watching videos.
- PRINTING is $0.15 per toner application for black and white (two-sided = $0.30/page), and $0.35 for color (two-sided = $0.70/page). Wireless printing is also available for devices on a Windows environment or Mac environment (Intel-only).
Send a Question or Comment to Appleton Public Library.