Shelf read and maintain a particular section of the collection.
Maintain proper order of library materials on shelves.
- Work with library staff to select an area of the collection that you will be responsible for.
- Review materials on the designated shelves for accurate filing and placement.
- Move materials that are out of order to their proper place.
- Bring materials back to circulation area for check-in if they were not near the right place.
- Straighten and neaten area.
- At least 2 years of high school.
- Ability to read fine print, to reach high and low shelves, and to push a loaded cart over carpeting.
- Ability to understand and use the dewey decimal system and/or alphabetical shelving and filing systems accurately according to library rules.
- Library staff would prefer that a volunteer choose an area that they could fully examine at least once a month, but this could be done in weekly or daily increments.
- Flexible hours.
Send a Question or Comment to Appleton Public Library.