Digital Creation Lab
You may have noticed a few changes on our second floor in the last few weeks, especially by our public computer stations. The Institute of Museum and Library Services awarded APL a 2013 Library Services and Technology Act grant to establish a digital creation lab.
The new digital creation lab is located inside of the former public computer lab. The lab will be available to patrons 12 years and older during library operating hours. The lab contains six new Apple iMacs with Adobe Creative Cloud CS6 for editing and producing videos and music, editing photos, and creating websites, graphic design, podcasts, presentations and other forms of digital media.
The lab also contains
• 6 - Sennheiser HD 202 II Professional Headphones
• 2 - Wacom Intuos 5 Digital Tablets
• 1 - Flatbed Epson Photo Scanner
• 1 - Canon PIXMA-Pro10 Large Format Photo Printer
• 1 - DragonFrame Stop Motion software
Some new equipment is also available for check-out or use in the lab. Those items are
• 3 - SONY ICD-BX112 Digital Voice Recorders
• 3 - Canon A810 Digital Cameras
• 2- SONY HDR-CX290 Handy Cam
• 1- Cowboy Studio Photography Table Top Studio Lighting Kit
• 6 - CORSAIR Flash Voyager USB Flash Drives
• 3 - Flip Cameras (on order)
A ChromaKey Portable Green Screen & Softbox Lighting Kit can be used inside the Library. Contact the Community Partnerships Supervisor by calling the Reference Desk at 832-6173.
Send a Question or Comment to Appleton Public Library.