Meeting Room Rules & Regulations
General Rules and Regulations Regarding Meeting Room Use
The following are general rules for use of public meeting rooms at the Library. These rules comply with the Library’s Meeting Room Policy. Exceptions to these rules may be made for Library or City meetings. Please Notify Library Administration (920-832-6170) as soon as possible with any questions or cancellations.
Meeting Room Requests
- Meetings are scheduled on a first-come, first served basis.
- Groups must make room requests at least one week in advance.
- Requests may be made up to six months in advance. No single group may have more than three meetings booked at any one time.
- Requests may be submitted online, faxed to 920-832-6182 or delivered to the Library Secretary, (920) 832-6170.
- An authorized member of the group requesting the use of the meeting room will be required to sign or electronically submit a “Meeting Room Request Form”, providing information regarding the program and the requested room set-up.
- By signing or submitting the form, the applicant agrees that:
- They have read and understand these “General Rules and Regulations Regarding Meeting Room Use.” Failure to abide by these regulations may result in a forfeiture of the right to any future use of the room;
- They accept financial responsibility for any and all damage caused to the building or equipment beyond normal wear.
- If the applicant provides an e-mail address they will receive a reservation confirmation e-mail and courtesy reminder e-mail.
Conditions of Use
- Meetings must be held during regular library hours, Monday through Saturday.
- Meetings should end on time so that the room can be cleared or prepared for other meetings. The meeting room must be vacated at least 10 minutes before building closing time.
- If food or beverages are served the group is responsible for cleaning up and reporting spills.
- Meetings must be free and open to the general public at all times.
- General courtesy and safety are required. Individuals responsible for the meeting should be sure all attendees know where fire exits are located.
Rooms may NOT be used for:
- Any purpose, which may interfere with the regular operation of the library.
- Personal, company, or family parties
- Programs involving the sale, advertising, solicitation, or promotion of memberships, classes or services.
- Group Study.
- No alcoholic beverages may be served.
Set up and equipment
- Any special set-up, presentation aids or equipment needs must be included on the reservation request.
- The library cannot provide operators for equipment. If instruction is required for equipment operation, it is suggested that a representative of the group request instruction ahead of time.
- The Library may require proof that any public audiovisual presentation is not in conflict with copyright laws.
- Any press releases, posters or other publicity may note that events are being held in the library, but may not state or imply library sponsorship or endorsement without express permission.
- No signs, working papers or posters may be attached to the walls of the meeting room.
- The Library will post notice of all public meetings booked at least a week in advance. Library staff may post directional signs in the event of simultaneous meetings. Any signs or posters placed anywhere in the building must be approved by the Library Administration.
Send a Question or Comment to Appleton Public Library.