- US Patent and Trademark Office Database -- provides searchable access to the full-text of patents since 1976. Full-page images of patents since 1790 are also available, although you need to know the Patent Number or Current US Classification to find pre-1976 patents. Full-Image is available but requires the TIFF image browser plug-in.
- Patent Classification Home -- help for finding Classification numbers needed to search for pre-1976 patents when patent number is not known.
- PAT 2 PDF -- free search and downloadable copies of a patent from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Simply follow the instructions for how to enter the patent number, enter the number(s) in the box, and click on Fetch Patent.
- Free Patents Online -- patent analytics and searching.
- US Pat -- Patent Document Delivery Service. 30,000,000 world-wide documents. Inlcudes Patent Search, Historical, Antique, and Genealogy Patent Services.
- IP.com- Intellectual Property Library: "Whether your objective is searching for patents or prior art, defensively publishing your innovations, obtaining research prior to applying for a patent or for other IP-related reasons, or realizing improved IP processes, IP.com has the right solution."
Patent Law & Info
United States Patent & Trademark Office
Trademark Home -- Search, Basic Facts, Trademark FAQ, Inventor Resources
Other Trademark Sites
Trademark FAQ -- from Nolo.com
WIPO -- World Intellectual Property Organization w⁄ links
WIPO Online Data -- links to searchable databases