The lease at our temporary location (2411 S. Kensington Drive) is up at the end of the year. The developer of our current temporary site has graciously worked with the City of Appleton over the last several years. They have an opportunity to sign a long-term lease with several national tenants. This is a positive development for the City of Appleton. We’d like to extend our gratitude to the developer who hosted us for the last year and a half.
We’ll be moving our operations to a new temporary location. The new location is 3000 E. College Avenue, Appleton (the former Habitat ReStore). The space is currently being leased by the Thompson Center on Lourdes for their future location. They have agreed to sublease the space to us. They will remain at their current location until we move back to our downtown location. We’d like to extend our appreciation and gratitude to the Thompson Center and St. Bernadette Parish for their partnership and commitment to our community.
To accommodate the move, the building will be closed for approximately seven weeks. Our last day open at 2411 S. Kensington Drive will be Tuesday, November 21. Our first day open at 3000 E. College Avenue will be Monday, January 8.
Here’s what to expect during our building closure and move to a new temporary location:
- During the building closure, we’ll be available by phone Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- City and general information please call 920-832-6173.
- Library account information please call 920-832-6179.
- You can also email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Checkouts and Returns:
- You can check out materials from our current location until Tuesday, November 21. Your library card is valid at any InfoSoup library if you would like to check out more materials.
- Due dates for materials checked out at Appleton will be extended through our building closure. You can also return items to any InfoSoup library.
- For questions or concerns about your account or materials, please call 920-832-6179.
- All unfulfilled holds with Appleton Public Library as the pickup location will be paused starting Wednesday, November 8. This will help us clear our hold shelf before moving and make sure your hold is not stuck in a closed building. Once paused, your holds:
- will continue to move up in the holds queue (if applicable).
- can have their pickup location changed to another library and be un-paused.
- can be cancelled.
- At the same time, Appleton Public Library will no longer appear as a pickup location when placing a hold. During this time:
- you can place holds for pick up at other InfoSoup libraries.
- place holds and then pause them until our new temporary location becomes an option for pick up. Appleton Public Library will return to a pickup location and holds will be un-paused shortly after reopening in our new temporary location.
- Curbside will run until Tuesday, November 21. Please keep in mind the pause of holds (starting Wednesday, November 8) leading up to our building closure will affect your ability to request holds for pick up via curbside.
- Curbside will resume shortly after opening the new temporary location. The exact date the service will resume is TBD.
Interlibrary Loans and Purchase Requests:
- Interlibrary loan and purchase requests will resume shortly after opening the new temporary location. The exact date the services will resume is TBD.
Other Library Programs and Services:
- The final date to request Book Packs from our Children’s Services Department is Tuesday, November 7. Book packs will resume shortly after opening the new temporary location.
- One-on-one services for local history and genealogy help, small business help and job connection help will shift to virtual appointments. Technology help will resume shortly after opening the new temporary location.
During the building closure you can still:
- Attend a library event! We’ll continue to offer a variety of programming. Visit our online calendar to learn more or our YouTube page to see past library events.
- Access our online services for free with your library card. Visit our Downloads and Streaming or eLibrary page to learn more.
If you have additional questions about our move, please let us know. We’re available in-person at any service desk, by phone at 920-832-6173 or email email@example.com.
For more information about the building project, please visit our building project webpage.