2022 Tax Forms & Instructions
The state and federal government decide which forms or instructions they are willing to send, and on what timetable. We do not have any advance information regarding what to expect or when. Once they arrive, generally in mid-to-late January, tax forms and instructions will be available at APL.
Library staff are NOT tax advisors; by law, they may not help select your tax forms or give tax advice of any kind.
No 2022 federal tax documents are available; they have not yet been sent to us.
No 2022 state tax documents are available; they have not yet been sent to us.
Here is what they typically send, based on previous years:
- WI 1 Form – the state of Wisconsin is no longer providing WI 1 instruction booklets.*
- Schedule AD
- Schedule SB
- WD and instructions
- Rent Certificate
* In response to the increased demand for instruction booklets, you may contact the Wisconsin Department of Revenue Customer Service department to have an instruction booklet mailed to your home address. Please reach out to (608) 266-2772 or DORFormsRequests@wisconsin.gov with any questions.
Tax forms and instructions are also always available online for printing. If you do not have a printer, the Library printing service costs $0.15/page: simply log on to a library computer with your Library Card and last name to find the forms and print them. FedEx offers printing services as well. Contact them for pricing.
2022 Tax Assistance
- Photo ID and Social Security card or other proof of Social Security number is required
- Social Security cards are required for any dependent that will be shown on the return
Fox Cities AARP Tax-Aide Weekly Tax Assistance Sites
2022 Tax Returns: service provided February 1 – April 14, 2023
The AARP is not using APL as a site to provide tax assistance.
- Appointment Only sites: starting mid-January 2023 on a date to be announced, please call 920-215-1040 on Mon-Fri between 8:30a-5:30p to schedule an appointment at any of the Fox Valley locations:
- MENASHA GOODWILL – 1800 Appleton Rd – 8:15-Noon on Mon-Wed + Fridays
- MENASHA LIBRARY – 440 First St – 9:00-2:00 on Wednesdays
- KAUKAUNA LIBRARY – 207 Thilmany Rd, Ste 200 – 10:45-3:00 on Thursdays
- NEENAH LIBRARY – 240 E Wisconsin Ave – 9:15-2:30 on Thursdays
- LITTLE CHUTE CENTER – 625 Grand Ave – 8:15-1:00 on Fridays
- Walk-In site: availability is limited and may result in longer wait times
- RIDGEVIEW HIGHLANDS – 640 Ridgeview Circle – 8:15-Noon on Mondays
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) is located in the Goodwill building in Menasha.
- Please call 920-731-6601 and choose option 2 to be connected with VITA